Monday 29 September 2008

CHRISTIAN PATRACCHINI

My practice employs performance, text, objects, installation and Interactive social-based works with which I reflect on the body as a phenomenon in transformation, as an unfinished entity, a location of becoming, change and renewal.

Frequently the work is created in the public realm, and develops directly out of relationships built between the audience and myself. I have previously invited strangers to take part in my projects on a one to one basis in order to gain and explore this relationship further. These events are created to respond or to comment on how we relate to one another in vulnerable situations and in absence of language.

Visually the work brings the attention to the manipulation of everyday objects, daring to present an alternative physical reality, shifting the image of an elite culture by means of subtle interventions. 

No comments: